Psychiatry Department of Aashka Hospital focuses on diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders.
Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood. Sound mental health determines how we handle stress, relate to others and make healthy choices. Many a times mental health disorders leads to physical health problems particularly long-lasting conditions like diabetes, heart diseases and stroke. Vice-e-versa presence of chipnic health conditions increases the risk of mental illnesses.
- Having feeling of loneliness
- Experiences related to other ongoing chronic medical conditions like cancer and diabetes
- Biological factors or chemical imbalances in the brain
- Early adverse life experiences, such as trauma or a history of abuse (child abuse, sexual assault, witnessing violence etc. )
- Use of alcohol or drugs
Our expert, qualified and experienced Psychiatrist deals with evaluation and treatment of mainly below mentioned psychiatric disorders but not limited to:
- Addiction and dependence
- Anxiety disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Drug and substance abuse
- Paediatric to adult psychiatric care
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorder
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Sleep disorders
Our Psychiatrists use several forms of treatment in managing mental health illness including psychotherapy, medications such as antipsychotics, mood stabilizers and antidepressants. Psychotherapy may include cognitive behavior therapy, Individual or group counselling sessions. Hospitalization may also be needed in severe cases.