The Division of Critical Care Medicine at Aashka Hospital runs a 50 bedded intensive care unit (ICU) which includes CCU, MICU, SICU, PICU & NICU. All medical/surgical cases needing intensive care are admitted here.
At Aashka Hospital, the entire spectrum of critical care services is provided by doctors who are present 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, which is on par with international standards. These doctors are also responsible for the Rapid Response Team (RRT) and Code Blue in our hospital. We respond to a patient with early signs of deterioration or non-intensive care patients to prevent cardiac and respiratory arrest.
The Critical Care Department of Aashka Hospital has a multidisciplinary programme/approach that emphasizes a team-based approach to care and manages a variety of cases in various specialties which are admitted in the Cardiac ICU, Surgical ICU and Medical ICU lead by a team of experienced and dedicated professionals.
Patients from across the country are transported via ground ambulance services (ICU ON WHEELS) which are fully equipped with life support systems, ventilators, and monitors; a trained doctor and technician accompanies the patient during transportation.
All beds have individual multi-parameter patient monitors that have ECG, invasive pressures that include blood pressure, CVP, Arterial pressure, ETCO2 etc., respiratory monitoring, temperature with features for storing data over a 24 hour period. The various mechanical ventilators that are available have all modes including SIMV, PRVC, PS, ASV etc. Other ventilators like noninvasive ventilators and transport ventilators are also available.
Other facilities that are available at the bedside includes various diagnostic procedures like ultrasound, ECG, 2D ECHO, X-ray, EEG, ABG and various therapeutic procedures like Hemodialysis, plamapheresis, fibreoptic onchoscopy, percutaneous tracheostomy, minitracheostomy, ultrasound guided paracentesis and other therapeutic procedures, USG guided arterial and central venous cannulation etc.
Critical Care treatment provided including but not limited to :
- Asthma, pneumonia and respiratory illness
- Cerebral palsy, convulsions, haemorrhages and cerebral fever
- All diseases related to heart disease
- Treatment of multi system failure due to serious diseases like Malaria, Dengue, Chikungunya, Typhoid, Jaundice, Swine Flu, Corona, Leptospira
- Vomiting of blood, inflammation of the pancreas, pancreatitis, liver failure
- Treatment of accidental injury
- Treatment of high risk pregnancy
Critical Care Facilities
- Air mattress and D.V.T. Prophylaxis Flowtron compressors
- Bipap Ventilators
- Cardiac ICU and Recovery Room work closely with Cardiac and Consultants
- Close interaction with families through regular conferences ensures world class intensive care treatment
- Continuous training for medical and paramedical staff
- Monitoring of key quality indicators
- Portable x-rays, ultrasound & 2D-ECHO is available in ICU and facilitates quick bedside diagnosis
- Rapid thrombolysis, primary angioplasty, Intra-aortic balloon pump, temporary cardiac emergency care is administered
- State of art post-operative cardiothoracic care is given to both infants & adults. Stringent compliance to written ICU policies
- Stringent infection control protocols-multidisciplinary rounds