At Aashka Hospital we perform all kinds of endoscopies depending upon the symptoms and part of body under examination. Endoscopy is a procedure that allows a doctor to view the inside of a person’s body. During an endoscopy, the doctor inserts a tool called an endoscope into a person’s body. Most endoscopes are thin tubes with a powerful light and tiny camera at the end.
Doctor may recommend an endoscopy for various reasons:
- To screen for and prevent cancer.
- To diagnose a disease or find out the cause of symptoms.
- To give treatment. Doctors use endoscopes for certain treatments.
Symptoms may include :
- Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), such as ulcerative colitis (UC) and Crohn’s disease
- Stomach ulcer
- Chronic constipation
- Unexplained bleeding in the digestive tract
- Blockage of the esophagus
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Hiatal hernia
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Blood in your urine
- Other digestive tract issues
Health care team will give you detailed instructions on how to prepare before your appointment. You may receive anesthesia, depending on the type of endoscopy. During the procedure, Doctor will review and, possibly, record images from the endoscope. Doctor will also perform any procedures if required including collecting tissue for testing.
Types of Endoscopy: Area Examined
- EnteroscopySmall intestine
- LaparoscopyInside of the uterus
- HysteroscopyAbdominal or pelvic area
- MediastinoscopyMediastinum, the area between the lungs
- SigmoidoscopyRectum and lower part of intestine
- ThoracoscopyArea between the lungs and the chest wall
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopyEsophagus and upper intestinal tract